Parasound Halo A 52+ Five Channel Amplifier
- 180 watts RMS x 5 @ 8 Ω
- 255 watts RMS x 5 @ 4 Ω
- 225 watts RMS x 2 @ 8 Ω
- 350 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ω
- Class A/AB circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct coupled - no capacitors or inductors in audio path ensures the cleanest signal
- Balanced XLR inputs with discrete circuits
- Full power is rated all the way down to 5Hz for unrestricted low-end bass
- Custom 1.5 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent secondary windings for each channel
- Hand-matched JFETs for input stage
- Hand-matched MOSFETs for driver stage
- Beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors (3 pairs per channel)
- 100,000 µF power supply filter capacitance
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- Auto turn on by audio signal or 12V trigger
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated, 5-way speaker terminals
- 3U chassis with updated cosmetics, rack mountable with HRA3 (sold separately)
Power Output - All 5 Channels Driven
180 watts x 5, 8 Ω
255 watts x 5, 4 Ω
Power Output - 2 Channels Driven
225 watts x 2, 8 Ω
350 watts x 2, 4 Ω
Power measurements parameters with 120VAC
0.05% THD, RMS continuous power,
full audio band (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
45 amperes peak, per channel
> 130 volts per microsecond
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0/-0.3 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
< 0.05 % at full power
< 0.03 % at typical listening levels
< 0.04 %
> 78 dB at 1 kHz
> 63 dB at 20 kHz
Unbalanced: 47 kΩ
Balanced: 94 kΩ, 47 kΩ per leg
Input Sensitivity for 28.28 V Output into 8 Ω
Unbalanced: 1 V
Balanced: 1 V per leg
Total Gain: 29 dB
> 112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 102 dB, input shorted, unweighted
> 1100 at 20 Hz
DC Trigger Requirements
+9 Vdc to +12 Vdc, 5 mA
Audio Trigger Requirements
2 mV - 10 mV
XLR Pin Identification
1 = Ground (Shield)
2 = Positive
3 = Negative (Return)
Width: 17-1/4" (437 mm)
Height without feet: 5-1/4" (133 mm)
Height with feet: 5-7/8" (149 mm)
Depth: 20" (508 mm)
Depth with cables: 21-1/4" (540 mm)
55 lb. (25 kg)
69 lb. (31.3 kg)
Standby: 1 Watt
Idle: 125 Watts
Maximum: 1500 Watts
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.