EAT Forte Turntable with Tonearm Options
The EAT Fort̩e represents the ultimate in analog playback. EAT has worked diligently to balance all of the critical components of the overall design.
At its heart is a massive forty-five-pound platter. The platter is constructed of two different materials each with dissimilar resonant properties that cancel one another to reduce mechanical noise. To further lower the noise floor to astonishing levels, the platter is supported by opposing magnets thus reducing the effective load on the bearing surface while still maintaining the advantages for speed stability of a high mass platter.
Capitalizing on the advantages of the high mass platter is the bearing. The bearing structure for the Fort̩e is an inverted design with a ceramic ball at the top running on a Teflon thrust plate mounted in the platter. This design provides optimal stability, by passing the center of gravity under the point of rotation, which results in the smoothest and quietest operation.
The foundation of any turntable is the base. In this design EAT has employed a two-part approach that combines the advantages of the dynamic delivery of mass-loaded design with the low-noise of a suspended design. The large top, mass loaded section, is built up of high-density MDF material combined with a metal filled center section. This complete section, with the platter, is then mounted on massive opposing-magnetic feet offering the isolation of a suspended turntable.
To spin the massive platter, EAT employs a fully decoupled, dual motor design, housed in a separate control base to prevent resonance associated with the power unit from reaching the main body of the turntable. Driven by a time corrected 60Hz signal, both motors are precisely synchronized, and by sharing the load of rotating the platter this system allows for absolute pitch stability and silent operation.
The vinyl mat is made from recycled vinyl records creating a perfect interface for the record. A clamp holds the record on the vinyl mat.
The table has large magnetic feet with a bearing and stabilization system. It guarantees close to 100% isolation from the floor and from airborne resonances. The magnetic bearing system allows us to use the extra silent Teflon-ceramic combination. Usually, high pressure would cause the bearing to wear out over the time. This does not happen because of the very low pressure created by the use of the magnetic system.
The EAT Forte turntable is all about energy!
* Energy from the ground is decoupled by magnetic feet.
* Energy from the air is decoupled from the heavy chassis that is made from MDF and filled metal sand.
* Energy from tonearm and cartridge is absorbed by using a heavy metal tonearm base isolated by Sorbothane.
* Energy from the belt is captured by the mass of the platter and by the string itself.
* Energy from the motor is captured by the dual-motor design, the decoupled motor unit, and the mass-loaded motor chassis.
* Energy of the bearing is caught by the ceramic ball, the Teflon plate, and the magnetic bearing construction.
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return eligible items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price. We do require that items are returned with all original packaging and in like-new condition.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.