McIntosh C2700 2-Channel Vacuum Tube Preamplifier
McIntosh C2700 2-Channel Vacuum Tube Preamplifier
- 16 inputs (9 analog + 7 digital)
- (5) 12AX7A and (1) 12AT7 vacuum tubes
- Supports up to DSD512 files
- Comes with DA2 Digital Audio Module installed
Following in a long line of revered McIntosh vacuum tube preamplifiers is the C2700 Tube Preamplifier. Using our well-established vacuum tube topology, the C2700 also features our advanced DA2 Digital Audio Module technology to combine cutting edge digital music capabilities with time tested vacuum tube performance.
A worthy successor to our popular DA1 Digital Audio Module, the DA2 features an expanded set of capabilities. The DA2 offers 7 digital inputs including all the same connections found on the DA1 (2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT) plus a new audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)1 connection. TVs with a compatible HDMI (ARC) output can be connected to the C2700 to enjoy your TV’s sound through your home audio system. Popular multi-channel audio formats from Dolby® and DTS® are supported and will be expertly converted to 2-channel audio for proper playback. The TV remote can control the power and volume of the C2700 when CEC communication is enabled in both the preamplifier and the TV. Besides these new HDMI (ARC) features found in the DA2, its USB input has increased DSD playback support up to DSD512 compared to the DSD256 limit of the DA1.
The DA2 is powered by a next generation, audiophile-grade, Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) that has improvements in both dynamic range and total harmonic distortion compared to the DA1. The coax and optical inputs in the DA2 can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz for playback of high resolution audio. Finally, the DA2 has a McIntosh exclusive MCT input that offers a secure DSD connection to any of our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports to deliver the best possible sound quality of the high definition audio from your SACDs.
For analog music, the C2700 has 9 inputs comprised of 3 balanced connections, 4 unbalanced connections, along with 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet phono inputs for connecting a turntable or two. With a total of 16 inputs, the C2700 has a virtually infinite number of inputs to connect all your music sources. Our dual chassis design keeps the analog and digital sections separate to prevent signal corruption. Outputs include 3 variable balanced and 3 variable unbalanced plus 1 fixed unbalanced connection.
Bass and treble tone controls are included and can be adjusted in 2dB increments. The ¼” headphone jack is powered by our High Drive Headphone Amplifier which can power almost any pair of headphones; Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) is included and brings an added dimension to your personal listening session when activated. Home Theater Pass Through allows the C2700 to be seamlessly integrated into your home theater system. Power Control ports let you easily turn other connected McIntosh components on and off, while the Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected source components.
The C2700 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon tested Designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
- Number of Channels
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Frequency Response
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
- Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- 16V RMS / 8V RMS
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- 900mV / 450mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil)
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet)
- Voltage Gain (High Level)
- Voltage Gain (Moving Coil)
- Voltage Gain (Moving Magnet)
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- 44K ohm, 22K ohm
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
66 Southern Blvd
Nesconset, NY 11767
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.