McIntosh D150 Pre-Amplifier
McIntosh D150 Pre-Amplifier
The D150 digital stereo preamplifier expands McIntosh's digital music capabilities by supporting many of the newest digital audio formats such as DSD and DXD. A USB input accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD64, DSD128, DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Two coaxial and two optical inputs accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals. It is a simple solution to add the latest digital music formats to your existing system.
Balanced and unbalanced connections are available for both variable and fixed volume audio outputs, providing flexibility in setting up and connecting your system. Or simply add an amplifier, a pair of speakers and a digital source for a complete digital based stereo system. For enjoying SACDs, the unique DIN input connects to select McIntosh models with a DIN output - like the MCT450 SACD/CD transport - to deliver the purist possible sound quality. It's also flexible enough to be used as a headphone amplifier; just connect your digital sources and a pair of headphones, such as the MHP1000 (not included), for a personal listening experience.
The D150 uses the same revered DAC as the D100, featuring an 8 channel, 32-bit, 500kHz D/A converter with wide dynamic range and extremely low distortion. Eight channel D/A converter is used in stereo Quad Balanced mode. Music at all levels is reproduced with extreme precision and elegance. A 1/8" mini jack is provided for control data from the data output jack of a McIntosh preamp or A/V Control Center. It shares the classic facade, knobs and handcrafted black-glass front panels as all other McIntosh components in a small form factor of just under 4" in height.
- Ultra Low Distortion: 0.0015%
- Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB from 4Hz to 20,000Hz; +0.5/-3dB from 4Hz to 68,000Hz (Source dependent)
- Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced): 16/8 V RMS
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 44K ohm, 22K ohm
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 110dB
- Dual Mono Power Supply: No
- Dual Mono, Fully Balanced: Digital, Fully Balanced
- Headphone Output: Yes 1/4", High Drive
- Inputs Unbalanced: No
- Inputs Balanced: No
- Variable Outputs Unbalanced: 1 Stereo
- Variable Outputs Balanced: 1 Stereo
- Digital USB Input: 1 (2.0, 32/192 Asynchronous); 44.1kHz to 384kHz, 32-Bit (PCM) DSD64, DSD128, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- Digital DIN Input: 1
- Phono Moving Magnet: No
- Phono Moving Coil: No
- Record Processor Loop: No
- Input Level Match: No
- Home Theater Pass Through: No
- Tone Controls: No
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign: No
- RS232 Control Input: No
- Power Control Output: Yes, 1
- Rear Panel Data Ports: Yes, 1 in
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: Yes
- Multi-Chassis or Single: Single
- Output Meters: No
- Tube or Solid State: Solid State
- On, Power Consumption: 30 watts
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.5" (44.45cm) x 3-7/8" (9.8cm) x 16" (40.64cm)
- Weight: 13.5 lbs (6.1kg)
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs (12.7kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.