McIntosh MC1.2KW Amplifier
McIntosh MC1.2KW Amplifier
The most powerful single chassis McIntosh monoblock amplifier, the MC1.2KW produces an impressive 1,200 watts. Thanks to our exclusive Autoformer technology, this remarkable amount of power is fully available to 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers.
The MC1.2KW utilizes our Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal. As a result, even when amplified to high levels the signal is still as clean as when it left the preamplifier.
Other McIntosh technologies are included with the MC1.2KW as well. Power Guard ® will prevent harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor ™ disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Inputs for both balanced and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting to the rest of your audio system. The large blue watt meter is not only fascinating to look at but also provides a fast and accurate reading of the amplified signal.
A beautiful polished stainless steel chassis houses the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles and seamlessly blends with any decor. The MC1.2KW is perfect in both 2-channel music systems as well as in home theater systems.
- Power Output per Channel: 1200W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 124dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 2.1dB
- Damping Factor: >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz; +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- Circuit Configuration: Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Autoformer: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes-2
- Front Panel: 1/2" Glass with handles
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Open Stainless Steel
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes, 200 amp, 3-way
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-3/4" (45.09cm) x 12-5/16" (31.27cm) (including feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including the front panel and cables)
- Weight: 147 lbs (66.7 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 172 lbs (78 kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.