McIntosh MC205 Amplifier
McIntosh MC205 Amplifier
The MC205 delivers all the explosive dynamics that high-performance home theater systems require by delivering 200 watts of power to each of the 5 individual channels commonly used in many home theaters. Our exclusive Dynamic Power Manager ® (DPM) technology enables it to deliver full power into 4 and 8 ohm speakers - making the MC205 a perfect choice for a wide variety of home theater speakers. It can also be used as a two zoneamplifier with three channels operating one zone and the remaining two channels assigned to a second zone.
The MC205 does not require cooling fans so even the most subtle soundtracks are not masked by fan noise. It features many notable technologies found in our other amplifiers, including Power Guard ® which prevents over-driving of the amplifier and harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Sentry Monitor ™ is a fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Inputs for balanced and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting the MC205 to your system or home theater processor. A bank of three blue watt meters provides instant recognition of power output of the front channels (the meters may be switched off if they conflict with the television or movie screen).
The classic black glass front panel and custom machined end caps allow the MC205 to blend in with any surrounding. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
- Power Output per Channel: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 5 (can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 3 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 112dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.7dB
- Damping Factor: >140
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz; +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes, 5 or 3 + 2 Channel
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable: Yes
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Mono Bridge: No
- Mono Parallel: No
- Autoformer: No
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Front Panel: Glass
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Inverted
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 81 lbs (44.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 114 lbs (51.8 kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.