McIntosh MC2KW Amplifier
McIntosh MC2KW Amplifier
The MC2KW monoblock amplifier is designed to exceed the demands of true lifelike playback levels, capable of delivering 2,000 watts of continuous power and 8,000 watts of peak power into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers. But sheer power output is just the beginning of the story.
The MC2KW's unique design incorporates three modules. Two 1,000 watt power modules each contain half the circuitry and a power supply. The output module houses the input and output connections, meter, and output transformer; it also functions as the control center. The MC2KW features McIntosh's Quad Balanced circuitry design which, in the process of creating such extraordinary power, cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have been introduced into the audio signal. This leaves a clean signal that even when amplified to high levels is still as pure as when it entered the amplifier from the preamplifier.
Other McIntosh technologies are included in the MC2KW. The world famous McIntosh Autoformer guarantees yourspeakers will always receive full power regardless of their impedance, while Power Guard ® will prevent clipping that could damage them. Three sets of speaker connections are included to allow for tri-wiring your speakers if they are so designed. Sentry Monitor™ is a fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are available for connecting to the rest of your system. The large, blue watt meter is not only mesmerizing to look at but also provides a swift and accurate reading of the amplified signal.
All three modules are housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles along with nearly any room decor. The MC2KW is perfect for both 2-channel music lovers as well as in home theater systems.
- Power Output per Channel: 2000W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 123dB Unbalanced; 127dB Balanced
- Dynamic Headroom: 2dB
- Damping Factor: >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz; +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- Circuit Configuration: Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Autoformer: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes-2
- Front Panel: 1/2" Glass with handles
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Open Stainless Steel (each module)
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes, 200 amp, 3 sets for each tap
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Each Module: 17-3/4" (45.09cm) x 12-5/16" (31.27cm) (including feet) x 26-5/8" (62.54cm) (including the front panel, handles, knobs and interconnect cables)
- Weight: Output Module (1 included): 123 lbs (55.8 kg);
- Power Module (2 included): 127 lbs (57.6 kg) ea
- Shipping Weight: Output Module (1 included): 148 lbs (67.1 kg);
- Power Module (2 included): 152 lbs (68.9 kg) ea
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.