McIntosh MC601 Amplifier
McIntosh MC601 Amplifier
The MC601 monoblock amplifier features the classic McIntosh design yet is timelessly handsome. It produces an extraordinary 600 watts of power - more than enough to drive virtually any loudspeaker. And thanks to our unique Autoformer, this full 600 watts is delivered into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers.
Like many of our other amplifiers, the MC601 employs our Quad Balanced design from input to output; this design cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have snuck into the audio signal. As a result, the signal is still as clean as when it entered the amplifier - even when amplified to high levels.
The MC601 is full of many other noted McIntosh technologies. Power Guard ® will prevent harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Proprietary speaker binding posts ensure the best connection to all types of speaker wire terminations for worry free operation. Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Inputs for both balanced and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting to the rest of your system. The alluring blue meter is not only a great conversation starter but also provides a fast and accurate reading of the amplifier's power output.
Visually, the MC601 is beautiful to look at with a polished stainless steel chassis, a classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles that all seamlessly blend with any room decor. The MC601 is an ideal choice for stereo music systems using one per speaker or multiple per speaker in bi-amp or tri-amp configurations. It is also well suited for use in home theater systems, using one to drive each home theater speaker.
- Power Output per Channel: 600W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 124dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8dB
- Damping Factor: >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz; +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- Circuit Configuration: Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Autoformer: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes, and output
- Front Panel: Glass with handles
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Open Stainless Steel
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes, New Style McIntosh
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including front panel, handles and cables)
- Weight: 93 lbs (42.18 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 126 lbs (57.15kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.