McIntosh MC8207 Amplifier
McIntosh MC8207 Amplifier
At 200 watts per channel, the 7-channel MC8207 home theater amplifier is perfectly capable of powering all the speakers in a 7.1 channel home theater to McIntosh's legendary standards. It features LED power output indicators instead of our traditional blue meters. These indicators will display the amplifier's power output just as the blue meters do but in a more understated way - making the MC8207 a perfect choice for darkened home theaters where the screen is the focal point. In addition to 7.1 theater systems, it can also be used in 5.1 home theaters with 2 channels used to power a second zone in stereo mode.
The McIntosh exclusive Dynamic Power Manager ® (DPM) technology enables the MC8207 to deliver its full power into both 4 and 8 ohm speakers, meaning it's compatible with a wide variety of home theater speakers - unlike many other high current amplifiers. Just like our other home theater amplifiers, the MC8207 does not need cooling fans, eliminating fan noise that can interfere with the delicate nuances of a movie's soundtrack. Power Guard ® will prevent potential speaker damage caused by clipping and over-driving of the amplifier. Short-circuit protection is provided by Sentry Monitor ™ that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
For the utmost in sound quality, inputs for balanced audio cables are included for all 7 channels. When used in a dual zone configuration, for your convenience there are also unbalanced inputs for the two channels used in the secondary zone.
The classic black glass front panel and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps make the MC8207 a welcome addition to any home theater. Combine it with a home theater processor for the ultimate in home entertainment. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
- Power Output per Channel: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 7 (can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 5 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 112dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.7dB
- Damping Factor: >140
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz; +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes, 7 or 5 + 2 Channel
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable: N/A
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Mono Bridge: No
- Mono Parallel: No
- Autoformer: No
- Meters: Yes, new style LED
- Meter Light Switch: No
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Front Panel: Glass
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Inverted
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.5cm) x 9-7/16" (23.9cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 83 lbs (37.6 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 116 lbs (52.6 kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.