Parasound Halo JC 3 Jr. Phono Preamplifier
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Circuit board layout by Carl Thompson
- Cartridge options for 47k Ω MM and MC/MI
- Variable MC impedance adjustment of 50-550 ohms
- Gain select for 40 dB/50 dB/60 dB unbalanced (46 dB/56 dB/66 dB balanced)
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono & older LPs
- Convenient auto turn-on by 12V trigger
- RIAA accurate to within 0.2 dB
- Incredible S/N up to 94 dB and THD less than 0.02%
- Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Aluminum shield separates power supply and audio circuits
- Shielded toroid power transformer
- High speed-soft recovery bridge rectifiers and common mode inductors
- Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Neutrik brand locking balanced XLR outputs connectors
- Compact 1U chassis (2.5" high with feet)
- Available in silver or black
20-20Khz, +/- 0.2dB
Total Harmonic Distortion
< 0.02% at 1 kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio, 40 dB Setting
>85dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
>80dB, input shorted, unweighted
Signal to Noise Ratio, 50 dB Setting
>89dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
>84dB, input shorted unweighted
Signal to Noise Ratio, 60 dB Setting
> 94dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 91dB, input shorted, unweighted
>80 dB at 1 kHz
MM or MI: 47k Ω
MC Variable: 50- 550 Ω
Unbalanced: < 100 Ω
Balanced: < 100 Ω per leg
Input Sensitivity at 1 kHz, 4mV Input
40 dB: 4 mV for 450mV output
50 dB: 4 mV for 1.4 Volts output
60 dB: 4 mV for 4.25 Volts output
Input Sensitivity at 1 kHz, 1V Output
40 dB: 9 mV for 1.0 Volt output
50 dB: 3 mV for 1.0 Volt output
60 dB: 0.9 mV for 1.0 Volt output
40 dB / 50 dB / 60 dB (unbalanced output)
46 dB / 56 dB / 66 dB (balanced output)
XLR Pin Identification
1 = Ground (Shield)
2 = Positive
3 = Negative (Return)
AC Power Requirement
Standby: <1 watt
Power On: 9 watts
115 VAC or 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
Width: 17-1/4” (437mm)
Depth: 14-3/4” (375mm)
Depth with cables: 17” (432mm)
Height: 2-1/2” (63.5mm)
Height, without feet: 1-3/4” (45mm)
Net: 13 lbs. (5.9 Kg)
Shipping: 19 lbs. (8.6 kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.