Parasound Halo JC 3+ Phono Preamplifier
- Designed by John Curl - creator of the legendary Vendetta Research phono preamp
- Inputs and outputs use Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Balanced outputs use Neutrik brand premium XLR jacks
- MM 47k ohm, MC 47k ohm or MC variable 50-550 Ohms
- RIAA accurate within 0.2 dB
- Exclusively Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Triple shielding; low-carbon mild steel partitions isolate the power supplies & AC wires
- Dual mono design; each audio channel is separately enclosed in its own extruded aluminum enclosure
- Separate high speed-soft recovery rectifiers, filter caps and voltage regulators for each channel
- Superior R-core type power transformer
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono and older LPs
- Built-in AC line conditioner to prevent AC noise from polluting the circuits
- AC polarity reverse switch can reduce hum in many systems
- Non-magnetic aluminum rear panel for purest sound
- Turn On Options switch: manual or auto with 12v trigger input
- Premium detachable heavy gauge IEC AC cord
- 2u Chassis, rack mountable with HRA2 (sold separately)
How the JC 3+ improves on the original JC 3:
- Variable MC load adjust independent for each channel from 50-550 ohms with dual gang potentiometers specially made for Parasound by Vishay.
- Curl-Thompson tweaked circuits to further reduce the JC 3 silent background noise.
- 24k gold plated copper traces on phono module boards for utmost conductivity and most transparency/detail in the music.
- 47% larger low ESD power supply filter caps greater reserve for head-snapping dynamics.
- 82% larger R-core power transformer greater reserve for more low end impact.
- Ability to turn off illumination of the front panel P logo.
- Now Available in Silver or Black.
20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/- 0.2 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion
< 0.01% at 1 kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio, MM
> 87 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 78 dB, input shorted, unweighted
Signal to Noise Ratio, MC
> 87 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 67 dB, input shorted, unweighted
72 dB at 1 kHz
MM: 47k Ω
MC: 50 - 550 Ω variable, 47k Ω fixed
Unbalanced: < 100 Ω
Balanced: < 100 Ω per leg
Input Sensitivity at 1 kHz
MM: 4mV for 1 V output
MC: 600µV for 1 V output
MM: 48 dB
MC: 64 dB
XLR Pin Identification
1 = Ground (Shield)
2 = Positive
3 = Negative (Return)
AC Power Requirement
Standby: 1 watt
Power On: 12 watts
115 or 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
(Selected on Chassis Bottom)
Width: 17-1/4" (437mm)
Depth: 13-3/4" (350mm)
Height, with feet: 4-1/8" (105mm)
Height, without feet: 3-1/2" (89mm)
Net: 19 lbs. (8.6 Kg)
Shipping: 26 lbs. (11.8 Kg)
Rack Mount Accessory
HRA 2 (may be purchased separately)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.