Parasound Halo P 5 2.1 Channel Stereo Preamplifier
- Burr-Brown PCM1798 DAC with USB, Optical and Coax inputs
- Coax and optical accept all sampling rates up to 192 kHz, 24-bit
- USB accepts up to 96 kHz, 24-bit
- Incoming jitter on all three digital inputs is significantly attenuated with an effective clock recovery system
- Analog Bass management with high and low pass crossovers
- Home theater bypass input for surround sound integration
- Front panel subwoofer level control
- 5 RCA line level inputs
- 1 XLR balanced input (parallels Input 5 RCA jacks)
- Phono input for MM & MC cartridges with 100 Ohm or 47k Ohm load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right outputs
- 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass & treble controls with defeat from remote or front panel
- Headphone jack with 10 ohm output impedance
- Rear panel IR input and IR loop output jacks
- 12 V output to trigger power amplifiers and other devices
- Automatic turn on with 12 V trigger or AC power
- Fixed level record output
- Premium motor-driven Alps potentiometer volume control
- Left/Right Balance control
- Remote control with discrete on/off power buttons
- 0.5w standby power consumption meets Energy Star spec
- Rack mounting adapter available (Model HRA 2 sold separately)
- Available in silver or black finish
10 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion
< 0.01 %
> 70 dB at 20 kHz
300 mv: 1 Volt Out
Total Gain: 10 dB
Maximum Output: 7 Volts
Unbalanced: 24k Ohm
Balanced: 100k O per leg
Unbalanced: 100 Ohm
Balanced: 470 Ohm per leg
S/N Ratio - Line Inputs 1-5
> 108 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 88 dB, input shorted, unweighted
S/N Ratio - DAC Inputs
> 108 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 90 dB, input shorted, unweighted
Phono Stage Sensitivity / Input Impedance
MM: 35 dB / 47 k Ω
MC: 52 dB / 47 k Ω or 100 Ω
S/N Ratio - Phono Inputs
MM > 80 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
MM > 70 dB, input shorted, unweighted
MC > 67 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
MC > 55 dB, input shorted, unweighted
Hi/Low pass crossover slope
12dB / Oct
DC Trigger Requirements
+9 Vdc to +12 Vdc, 2 mA
XLR Pin Identification
1 = Ground (Shield)
2 = Positive
3 = Negative (Return)
Width: 17-1/4” (437 mm)
Depth: 13-3/4” (350 mm)
Height, with feet: 4-1/8” (105 mm)
Height, without feet: 3-1/2” (89 mm)
14 lb. (6.3 kg)
21 lb. (9.5 kg)
Standby: 0.5 Watts
Power On: 20 Watts
100-250 Volts, 50-60 Hz (Automatic)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.