Technics SL-1200 GR Direct Drive Turntable System
Fusing Technics' traditional analog and leading-edge digital technologies
Technics SL 1200GR Direct Drive Turntable System
Launched in 2016, the SL-1200G combined Technics‘ traditional analogue technology and advanced digital technology, while redesigning parts throughout. Its outstanding performance literally rocked the hi-fi market and redefined the reference for direct-drive turntables. Parts that were inherited from the SL 1200G were newly developed for the Technics SL 1200GR, beginning with the coreless direct-drive motor and precise motor control technology that eliminated the cogging that originated from rotation irregularity, and including a low-vibration, high-rigidity platter and high-sensitivity tonearm. By these measures, the level of performance clearly outperforms the usual standards of its class. The SL-1200GR invites more audio enthusiasts to enjoy music with the rich, robust sound of analogue records.
Coreless Direct-Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation
In 1970, Technics commercialized the world‘s first direct-drive turntable, and the system took the world by storm. Unlike belt-drive and other systems, direct-drive systems rotate the motor at low speed and directly drive the platter, thus providing numerous advantages, such as the almost complete absence of degradation in S/N ratio due to motor vibration and deceleration mechanisms, as well as high reliability over a long period time because of not requiring parts replacement.
And in 2016, Technics developed the twin-rotor, surface-facing, coreless direct-drive motor with rotor magnets placed on both sides, thereby eliminating the rotation irregularity of the motor, referred to as "cogging," which was a unique issue for direct-drive systems. This motor was adopted for the SL-1200G, which once again drew a significant response in the hi-fi market. The SL-1200GR inherits the same design philosophy with the new development of a single-rotor, surface-facing, coreless direct-drive motor, resulting in the elimination of cogging.
SL 1200GR Turntable section
- Direct Drive Manual Turntable
- Turntable Speeds
- 33-1/3, 45 and 78 r/min
- Adjust Range
- ±8 %, ±16 %
- Starting Torque
- 2.2 kg-cm
- Build-up Characteristics
- 0.7 s. from Standstill to 33-1/3 r/min
- Wow And Flutter
- 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
- 78 dB (IEC 98A weighted)
- Turntable Platter
- Aluminium diecast
Diameter : 332 mm
Weight : Approx. 2.5 kg (Including rubber sheet)
SL 1200GR Tonearm Section
- Universal Static Balance
- Effective Length
- 230 mm
- 15 mm
- Tracking Error Angle
- Within 2° 32' (at the outer groove of 30 cm record)
Within 0° 32' (at the inner groove of 30 cm record)
- Offset Angle
- Arm-height Adjustment Range
- 0 - 6 mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range
- 0 - 4 g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight
- Approx. 7.6 g
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range
- (without auxiliary weight)
5.6 - 12.0 g
14.3 - 20.7 g (including head shell)
(with auxiliary weight)
10.0 - 16.4 g
18.7 - 25.1 g (including head shell)
- Cartridge Mounting Dimension
- JIS 12.7 mm (1/2") interval
- Head Shell Terminal Lug
- 1.2 mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
Technics SL Terminals
- Audio Output
- PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1
EARTH TERMINAL x 1
Technics SL General
- Power Supply
- AC 110V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption
- 11 W Approx.
0.2 W (Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 453 x 173 x 372 mm
- Approx. 11.5 kg
- Turntable, Turntable sheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Auxiliary weight, Head shell, Overhang gauge, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Technics SL 1200GR Owner's Manual
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.