Technics SP-10 RE-S Reference Turntable
Pre-orders Now Accepted for Late Spring/Early Summer 2018 Delivery!
Technics SP-10R continues the legacy of outstanding vinyl performance
- Ultimate precision: legendary direct drive engine redesigned with coreless double stator and twin rotor
- Stable rotation: heavyweight platter utilizes inertial mass to improve rotational stability
- Retrofit design: turntable and control unit are completely interchangeable with the previous SP-10MK2 and SP-10MK3
Reaching new levels in near-flawless sound
The SP10-R includes a double coil twin rotor-type coreless direct-drive motor with coils on both sides for 12-pole, 18-coil drive generating the high level of torque needed to flawlessly drive the heavyweight platter. The result is stable rotation with wow and flutter of less than 0.015% , which is understood to be the measurement limit.
The die-cast aluminum platter has a 10mm brass layer laminated to the underside which is further enhanced with tungsten weights on the periphery. This yields a total weight of 7.9kg and an inertial mass of approximately 1 ton-cm. A deadening rubber for eliminating unwanted vibration is attached to the rear surface creating a three-layer construction. This achieves an even higher rigidity and provides excellent vibration-damping characteristics.
To achieve further noise reduction, the control unit stands free of the main unit. Its switching power supply is equipped with unique technology that provides a voltage supply with minimal noise via a newly-developed ‘unwanted noise reduction circuit’. In addition, the communication between the main unit and the control unit are engineered to resist the effects of external noise while increasing reliability. These noise-reduction measures enable the SP-10R to achieve the world’s highest level S/N.
View the full SP-10R and SL-1000R Brochure for further details.
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.