Wilson Audio Sophia Series-3 Loudspeaker
Wilson Audio Sophia Series-3 Loudspeaker
Original Sophia was launched in 2001, it was inevitably described in the audio press as Wilson Audio's "entry-level" floor-standing loudspeaker. While Sophia remains Wilson's most affordable floorstander, focusing on price obscures an important fact-which was that price was incidental to Sophia's actual design objective. What Dave and the Wilson design team set out to create was a loudspeaker that-unlike its siblings at the time, X-1 GrandSLAMM and WATT/ Puppy- was less demanding of rooms and electronics. Sophia was designed to be a product easy to drive, easy to own, and one that invited its owner to just relax into the enjoyment of music.
Nevertheless, Sophia's true magic is that a speaker designed to sound so good with modest electronics will still reveal the nuance and detail of state-of-the-art gear. Impressive sales aside, it is Sophia "cult status" among audiophiles which speaks to the success of the original vision. It is not uncommon for Wilson customers who could easily afford the company's more expensive loudspeakers to choose Sophia-just because they love the sound.
- Woofer :One - 10 inch (25.40 cm) Aluminum Cone
- Midrange :One - 7 inch (17.78 cm) Cellulose/Paper Pulp
- Tweeter :One - 1 inch (2.54 cm) Inverted Titanium Dome
- Sensitivity :87 dB @ 1 watt @ one meter @ 1 kHz
- Nominal Impedance :4 ohms, 3.1 ohms minimum @ 98 Hz
- Frequency Response :+/-3 dB 20 Hz - 22.5 kHz Room Average Response
- Minimum Amplifier Power :25 watts per channel
- Overall Dimensions :
- Height - 41 5/32 inches (104.45 cm) w/o spikes
- Width - 13 5/8 inches (34.61 cm)
- Depth - 18 15/16 inches (48.12 cm)
- System Product Weight :165 lbs (74.84 kg)
- Total System Shipping Weight (approx.) :485 lbs (219.99 kg)
We are in the business of creating satisfied customers. We hope you love your purchase, but in the event that you are not satisfied, you may return unopened and unused items within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.
In the event that merchandise is not in its original condition, has been opened, or is missing packaging, manuals, accessories or other components a partial refund will be given. Partial refunds are calculated on a case-by-case basis but incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items ineligible for return: furniture and other oversized product shipped via a Motor Freight Carrier or scheduled delivery, televisions larger than 32”, in-ear headphones, special order items, and any item that has been permanently modified (e.g. spliced wires or custom order cables).
Three Simple Steps:
1. Give us a heads up: Please call 631-585-5600 or email email@example.com to let us know you’d like to return an item. We will give you a RA number (Return Authorization) to include with your order.
2. Ship it back to us: Please pack the product in its original packaging with all original contents and use the original shipping carton and packing materials. Safely and completely packaged returns are less likely to incur a damage or restocking fee. Please consider insuring and tracking your item as you are are responsible for the item until it reaches our warehouse.
RA# (Insert RA #)
2845 Middle Country Road
Lake Grove, NY 11755
3. Sit tight! We will process your return as quickly as possible and issue a credit by the original payment method. Depending on your credit issuer, it may take as long as 10 days for the refund to post.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using 1st Class USPS mail will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.